Makeup is not what makes you beautiful. It is an extension of your beauty. It is to embellish the beautiful Queen you already are. You may not like to wear makeup, or you may be the woman that wears too much. There needs to be a balance. You don’t want to look like an ordinary everyday woman you pass by and don’t see. You don’t want to be the woman people stop dead in their tracks to see because she looks like a clown or art project. You want to walk into a room and command attention for all of the right reasons; because your inner beauty shines through and your physical appearance takes it to another level.
Which one are you?
Too Much? Not Enough? Or Just Right?
You don’t need to spend hours in front of the mirror to get this look. You can do this in 5-10 minutes. Your basic essentials are:
1. No show Foundation: Your foundation should blend in with your skin and complexion and give your face a smooth even toned look.
2. Concealer: If you have dark circles you want to use concealer to cover them up so people see your beautiful eyes. This will brighten up your face and take away the tired look.
3. Blush: The right shade will make you look like you’re blushing, not like you’re wearing blush. For a natural look, start with lighter shades, and skip any with shimmer.
4. Eyeliner: Eyeliner will make your eyes pop.
5. Mascara: You want clump free mascara. Mascara highlights your eyelashes and brings attention to the sparkle in your eyes.
6. Bronzer: Using bronzer will give you a nice glow.
7. Nude Lipstick or lip gloss that fits your skin tone.
8. A Basic Flattering Eye Shadow: The perfect everyday shadow is just a few shades darker than your skin tone — think a soft plum or light brown for darker skin, a taupey-gray or golden beige for medium skin, or light apricot for fair skin.
9. A Good Brush Set: With the right brush for the job, you can perform makeup miracles. (You don’t see professional makeup artists using the tiny sponge applicators that come with the products!) Invest in a good brush set.
If you are totally against wearing makeup, wearing bronzer, eyeliner, and lip gloss will enhance your look and still give you a nice put together look.